PowerPoint Learning
PowerPoint Learning Community
Created on: 07 August, 2009 Members: 3155 | Community Link: http://powerpoint.wiziq.com

Best number of slides for 20-25 mins presentation?

by Stacy
Posted on 12 March, 2010

I am working on a presentation which I have to give to my team in office. It would cover all the areas of my business and products with detailed information about them. However, I want to keep it short and to the point. The estimated time for the presentation is 20-25 mins and then the discussion part which will continue for 10-15 mins.

Can anyone tell me how many slides should I use in the presentation?

Tags: powerpoint presentation, slides, powerpoint

by Sukhpreet Kaur posted on 12 March, 2010
@Stacy: An ideal presentation is the one which is short (in terms of slides) and provides important information. I suggest you to go for 10-15 slides so that while giving the presentation, you can spend at least 1-2 minutes time on each slide. Also, try to add the images of your products in the presentations.

Wish you good luck and do let me know if you need more suggestions.
by Keith Krieger posted on 12 March, 2010
@Stacy:
As Stephen Covey says, begin with the end in mind.
What do you want the audience to leave the presentation with? Take action? Agree to a plan? Buy a product? Use your products?
A recitation of products with detailed information about them could be just as easily conveyed with a catalog or an emailed document. Or provide that detailed information in a handout done in Word or a page layout program, and leave the reasons why in the presentation.
A 20 minute presentation that is focused on answering the audience's question of "What's in it for me?" likely needs 10 slides, maybe less.
by Shivali Gupta posted on 16 March, 2010
The content should be appropriate with proper usage of graphs, charts and reports of the company. The content should be put up in a manner that they gives the brief ideas not the ellaborative one. There should be effective usage of colors(only three colors should be used),design, pictures and templates.
by Jayanta Banerjee posted on 12 March, 2010
@Stacy, If it was for me I would have checked back a few things more before I think of the slides. It would have been better if you were more specific. You did not mention as to how many products your business deals with - If you plan to cover a bunch of products within that time span you can't go into much of a detail for each - of course it all depends on how much of an exposure you want to have on a single product which may be of importance. I would say if it is a single product, a 10-12 slides presentation with adequate info and explanation would be fine.
by greatbrain posted on 17 March, 2010
yeah thats a gd advice thaaank you
by greatbrain posted on 12 March, 2010
hi
i guess it depends on the content of presentation and easy of understadability so i advise to prepare and u r topic that fits for 20-25 mins on that basis u can prepare slides.
plz let me know if i disagree / any other recommondations?
tha..
by slides posted on 15 March, 2010
Hey the main focus of the presentation should be on what do you want to achieve from your presentation. According to the content create a small presentation on 10-12 slides so that your audience will be able to understand it better.
by Stacy posted on 17 March, 2010
Thank you everyone for all the suggestions.
Would you like to Reply:

See Virtual Classroom in action

Get a hands-on look at how WizIQ Virtual Classroom works.

Try Virtual Classroom Now

Request a free demo

Recent Discussions

Kinski the presenter view function has completely changed! by Kinski
posted 6 months ago |0 Comments

Md.Geyasuddin HOW TO MAKE A PROPER C.V by Md.Geyasuddin
posted 6 months ago |0 Comments

Mark SCORM and Powerpoint by Mark
posted 2 months ago |0 Comments